Wednesday, October 03, 2007

San Jose Spartan Daily

San Jose Spartan Daily


Daily Podcasts
News

Opinion

Sports

Student Life

Multimedia

Blogs




The natural progression: Democrat to Independent to Republican?

Abstract: The first presidential race I can remember was in 1988. I was 7 years old. The candidate for the Democrats was Michael Dukakis. In my house it was all Dukakis. Dukakis. Dukakis. Dukakis. See, my father is, and was, a Democrat. His father was a Democrat....

Ted Rudow III,MA 10/03/07
Conscious, manipulative lies were also at the root of U.S. intervention in Vietnam. Hysterical cold warriors portrayed Vietnam as the key domino in a global struggle against
communism.

As the old saying goes, about the only thing we ever learn from history is that we never learn from history. One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, and what some governments consider potential terrorists are simply
those who don't agree with government policies.
"When the Nazis came for the Communists, I didn't speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me ... and by that time, there was no one left to stand up for me." German Minister Martin Niemoller
Ted Rudow III,MA
Former Grad student

No comments: