Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Freedom

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2008/09/03/18532490.php


Freedom
by Ted Rudow III,MA ( Tedr77 [at] aol.com )
Wednesday Sep 3rd, 2008

Democracy Now! host Amy Goodman and two Democracy Now! producers, Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar, were unlawfully arrested in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota on September 1. They have since been released but are still facing charges.


“When the Nazis came for the Communists, I didn't speak up, because I was not a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I was a Protestant, so I didn't speak up. Then they came for me ... and by that time, there was no one left to stand up for me.” German Minister Martin Niemoller
What do the Christians people think about that? I suppose they have the same attitude the German church leader, Martin Niemoeller, had when Hitler began to persecute the Jews!--"Well, it's not my problem! In 1934, theologian Niemoller took a delegation to see Hitler about his attempts to take over the churches. Niemoller personally admonished Hitler and declared, "You told us that you would take care of the German people. But as Christians and men of the church, we too have a responsibility to the German people, laid upon us by God. Neither you nor anyone else can take that away from us." Not surprisingly, Niemoller was later tried on trumped-up charges and spent the duration of the war in Dachau, where he was later joined by thousands of fellow ministers, monks, nuns, and priests, many of whom would not survive. The Jews weren't any good to us anyway, so it's not bothering us, and since they're not our religion they deserve it!" But soon he himself was in prison also!
It's quite obvious the American government and the American police like Hitler's have agreed to just look the other way. But not only that, they are getting away with it, and boasting about it, and being encouraged in it by American government officials like Bush and Cheney. Their freedom of speech, freedom of the press,and freedom to assemble were violated!
Ted Rudow III,MA

No comments: