Monday, October 04, 2010

No Nobel

M E T R O S I L I C O N VA L L E Y | S E P T E M B E R 2 2-2 8, 2 0 1 0 | SA N J O S E . C O M | M E T R OAC T I V E . C O M

No Nobel

If had been working like mad in If I had been working like mad in

2008 to get Obama elected, because of m 2008 to get Obama elected, because of some beauties in his rhetoric, and had some beauties in his rhetoric, and had n experienced what I have experienced experienced what have experienced now, I would not work for the now, would not work for the midterm elections. Practically speaking, midterm elections. Practically speaking, c l k everything. Guant?namo is still there. everything. Guant?namo is still there. n Rendition is still there. There is the Rendition is still there. There is the saying that no torture should take saying that no torture should take place; I haven't seen the mechanism place; haven't seen the mechanism to ensure that that's the case. The to ensure that that's the case. The withdrawal from Iraq, with 50,000 withdrawal from Iraq, with 50,000 remaining. Stepping up, escalating remaining. Stepping up, escalating the war in Afghanistan. And as we the war in Afghanistan. And s we r know, whatever withdraws from Iraq know, whatever withdraws from Iraq essentially goes to Afghanistan instead. essentially goes to Afghanistan instead. n I think it's very contrary to the think it's very contrary to the kind of thing that he was exuding, kind of thing that he was exuding, as including the nuclear point. What including the nuclear point. What kind of thing is this, to get rid of oldkind of thing is this, to get rid of oldfashioned weapons with the Russians fashioned weapons with the Russians as p n and then arguing for $180 billion to and then arguing for $180 billion to n modernize the nukes--$100 billion for modernize the nukes--$100 billion for the weapons carriers, $80 billion for the weapons carriers, $80 billion for

new warheads? What kind of nuclear new warheads? What kind of nuclear free world is this? He should have free world is this? He should have had the decency, when Norway made had the decency, when Norway made the mistake of giving him the Nobel k the mistake of giving him the Nobel Peace Prize, of saying, "I graciously, Peace Prize, of saying, "I graciously, gratefully decline. haven't earned it gratefully decline. I haven't earned it yet. Let's come back when possibly yet. Let's come back when possibly I have earned it. He didn't say that, and have earned it." He didn't say that, and dispensed with the prize money in dispensed with the prize money in a disgraceful way. disgraceful way. TED RUDOW III,MA MENLO PARK


M E T R O S I L I C O N

No comments: