Monday, September 03, 2012

Spartan Daily










Spartan Daily







last update 11:36 pm

August 31, 2012





Questions from Romney and America

Spartans aim to cut down Cardinal this Friday





News

Sports

Opinion

A&E

Multimedia

Tech

Class Reports

National

World

Campus

San Jose





Questions from Romney and America



by Daniel Hinojosa Aug 31, 2012 12:19 pm Tags: GOP, Mitt Romney, Obama, Republican National Convention





Daniel Hinojosa is a senior studying communications at SJSU.





I watch the GOP and Democratic nominating conventions looking to learn more about those that would seek to lead our nation. Full disclosure requires that I state I am a democrat.



In the GOP rally for the faithful, I found more questions than answers. These questions came from the party nominee, Mitt Romney.



Some of his questions caught my attention. When talking about the election of President Obama, Romney said, “Americans always come together after elections.”



Really? How come something as simple as health care for first responders from 9/11 was such a battle?



Romney later said, “Americans have supported this president in good faith.” Let’s accept that one at face value — while Americans may have supported Obama, the Republican-controlled Congress certainly did not.



When talking about wanting President Obama to succeed Romney said, “I wish President Obama had succeeded because I want America to succeed.” I wonder, if Romney had helped influence the U.S. Congress, he could have gotten them to not stonewall the bulk of Obama's nominees for federal courts.



Romney spoke directly to the fact that he is a Mormon. He said, “My friends cared more about what sports teams we followed than what church we went to.” Any chance you can get Americans to stop caring that a Muslim goes to a mosque?



When talking about his time at Bain Capital, I had to press replay a few times to believe what I really heard. He said, “At a time when nobody thought we’d ever see a new steel mill built in America, we took a chance and built one in a corn field in Indiana.” We can only assume they had to buy out family farms to make that happen. Am I the only one asking these questions?



The other theme I saw in the Romney acceptance speech was what I perceive to be a stunning arrogance of the GOP position of our place in the world. Mitt Romney stood forth and stated, “When the world needs someone to do the really big stuff, you need an American.” So no one else in the world has done anything big (think gunpowder, penicillin, the first satellite and man in space)?



The final thing that caught my attention was when Romney mentioned that his father having been born in Mexico, needed U.S. government assistance as a war refugee.



He told the story apparently without seeing the irony that if his and Paul Ryan’s plans were enacted, the most his family might have seen would have been a voucher they could take to the corner market and hope that a small businessman there would accept.



I trust that Mitt was a good, if perhaps inwardly focused businessman. While Romney points at Obama as not having been qualified to be president because he had not had much experience working in business, I question Romney’s qualifications for becoming president in that he’s never had to tough out working, going to school and paying for it all on his own, without a silver spoon for support.



I hope that other voters looking to make a decision for whom they should vote in November are also asking questions of this nominee, who if elected, will be, in my opinion, the most radically conservative President this nation has seen. We are, after all, a nation founded on liberal principles.



Daniel Hinojosa is a senior majoring in communications at SJSU.







Ted Rudow III, MA on September 3, 2012 at 1:38 pm said:

Rep. Paul Ryan as Romney' his vice presidential running mate. At an Atlas Society meeting celebrating Ayn Rand's life in 2005, Ryan said that "The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand", and "I grew up reading Ayn Rand and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are. It’s inspired me so much that it’s required reading in my office for all my interns and my staff."



American's elder statesman of finance, Alan Greenspan, has shaken the White House by declaring that the prime motive for the war in Iraq was oil. Alan Greenspan was Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board (FRB). He had served on the FRB since 1987 when he was appointed by President Reagan. Dr. Greenspan served on advisory boards for Presidents Nixon, Ford and Reagan.



Greenspan was born and educated in New York City, where he earned a BA, MA and, 27 years later in 1977, a PhD in economics. After earning his MA in 1950, Greenspan became a 20-year associate of famed philosopher Ayn Rand, author of books "The Virtue of Selfishness,""Atlas Shrugged" and more. Greenspan wrote for Rand’s newsletters and authored a chapter for a Rand book. As legend has it, Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan was once a member of Ayn Rand's 1960's salon. He was invited guest at Rand's apartment and apparently was close enough to have read her epic Atlas Shrugged as it came off her typewriter. Philip Rothschilds ordered one of his mistresses (Ayn Rand) to write an 1100-page book that would describe to all witches how they would take control of the World through the Illuminati: It's called Atlas Shrugged.



Few of my family friends are member of the Bohemian Club. My father was inviting to join but turn it down! President Herbert Hoover once called this club "the greatest men's party on Earth. "Anybody can be President of the United States, but very few can ever have any hope of becoming President of the Bohemian Club. While the club was formed in 1872 by a group of San Francisco journalists, the male-only club now bars journalists from membership to protect the group's privacy. Membership is coveted, and people routinely wait 10 or 15 years before gaining admittance. There are currently about 2,700 members. Bohemian Club members as former President George Bush, President George W. Bush, Henry Kissinger, retired Gen. Colin Powell, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Dow Chemical Chairman Frank Popoff.



Both my Grandfather were Masons. The highest, Mason 33 Degrees, Grand Cross included James McCurdy, my Grandfather, Eugene Rudow, best friend.They both went to M.I.T. and built their houses side by side on Mercer Island in Lake Washington near Seattle,Wash. He built the first floating bridge in America. Some noted leaders reported are: Norman Vincent Peale, (Scottish Rite) George Washington, Harry Truman, Newt Gingrich(33)Skull and Bones), Bill Clinton









No comments: